Re: Another update

  • slacker75@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2001
      I know its the 1st sign of madness to be replying to your own posts,
      but...

      > The water coil in the condenser is of quite small ID (about 3mm)
      > and the maximum I can get through it with tap pressure is about
      > 200ml/min. However, it seems very efficient, as there is no
      > visible vapour, and the cooling water exits at a very warm
      > temperature.

      Actually, I can get about 500-600Ml/min through it... and the water
      is only warm for the 1st few seconds (presumable as it cools the
      copper tube). I ran it again today, @ about 350ml/min, and the water
      was very slightly warmer. Should get a needle valve really. With
      the collection valve totally open, I can get about 350ml/hour, so
      with a 10:1 reflux, this still is gonna be slow! But im happy with
      the little thing so far!

      By the way, the plastic tubing im using from the collection valve
      gets quite hot and leaves a plastic-y smell/taste in the distilate.
      What sort of tubing should i use?

      Thanks guys.
      -Tone