Re: forced reflux?

    Message 1 of 37 , Jul 7, 2004
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "GWN" <GrtWhiteNorth56@h...>
      wrote:

      > Greetings,
      > I was going to read over the information about this design
      > http://www.pjmuth.org/lessreflux/default.htm
      >
      > But I find it is no longer permitted. Is there a place I can read
      > about this?
      >
      > Or perhaps somene could send me a copy of the info??
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > GWN

      Methinks the site may be undergoing some reconstruction. The
      default.htm and index.html pages are only tokens now. Page 6 is
      also blank. However, you can still get what you want from the site
      by using this page...

      http://www.pjmuth.org/lessreflux/site%20map_1.htm

      I have the entire site mirrored (recipes, soldering tips etc.) but I
      won't do a link to the mirror unless Jim okay's it. He may well
      have a reason for pulling the index, I don't know.

    • jimhobbis
      Message 37 of 37 , Jul 26, 2004
        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "stevolate" <stevolate@y...>
        wrote:
        > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "jimhobbis"
        <jimhobbis@y...>

        > Hi Jim
        > Love your site.
        > The tests on deeper 3" trays how did it go.
        > What hight is the outside wall of the new trays?
        > Could you describe how the valves fit the tray, as in the photo it
        is
        > not clear how they are attached, or there size.
        > What size hole is under the valve?
        > What thickness copper sheet did you make trays out of.
        >
        > Thanks for any information, as I am about to build a Forced Reflux
        > column.
        >
        > Happy drinking
        >
        > Stevo

        Thanks Stevo
        Test went well,I have added some detail on site page
        9,there are some modifications to do as the rig was put together for
        testing.
        I only had half a boiler load (25litres) and it was all over in an
        hour (as the actress said).I shut down at 70% the last thing I need
        is more booze.Diluted to 40% I got 7 litres of excellent product.
        Mail me I can send more detail and photo's.
        Les. (Jim)