Re: A still it is! (was Almost a still)

  • distiller@mafudesigns.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 30 10:29 PM
      Hi again,

      I've been building a Nixon-Stone design still from the "Corn Whiskey"
      book by Ian Smiley, and I've posted questions/photos here before. I
      got a few more photos back today, and being film they are a bit
      better than the digital's. So without further ado:

      The finished column and head together

      The Nixon-stone head

      g>
      Inside the head from below, showing my modification - a angled copper
      plate to direct the reflux flow down the center of the column - you
      can also see the 'lip' I bent in the middle of it.

      I've found a place to get the heating elements (2x 1380 watt), and
      they should be coming soon, along with a new 30L fermenter and a few
      other bits and pieces.

      Now, if I can get a bit of time to go down to the workshop and finish
      of the boiler.....

      Matt