a question

  • shrum_dpd
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2004
      hello all i have been distilling for a little while now what i am
      doing is this ...i start with 5 gallons of water ,add ten lbs
      sugar ,and bakers yeast (yeah i know bakers yeast is not the best but
      wine yeast is hard for me to get my hands on )i distill with a tea
      kettle with a rubber plug in the mouth of the kettle the plug has a
      hole in the middle where i insert the copper tubing which goes out to
      the coil through the cold water and then into whatever i choose to
      collect in and i re run every thing 5 times ....what im ending up
      with is some pretty strong stuff but it smells like tequilla i remove
      the heads or what i think are the heads its kind of hard to tell the
      diference because it all smells the same ...do you think my rubber
      plug has anything to do with this taste and smell ...or am i not
      removing enough of the heads and or tails ....or is it the yeast ??
      thanks in advance ...Shrum