  • Rod&kaz
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2004
      1 Pint = 600ml so 1/2 Pint would = 300ml not 100ml as you have said
      but is always best to get rid of more then less. As for me i throw
      out the 1st 200ml from a 50l wash

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, David <maxtonnage@e...> wrote:
      > Hi group....just made my third run with alcotech 48 hr turbo at 5
      days as
      > per inst. Internal reflux rig with cooling mods (all valved with
      lower
      > reflux tube shut off) am using propane turkey frier (16 gal beer
      keg fits
      > perfect). Added 1 tsp salt to sugar wash in the boiler after
      ferm. Temp
      > hit 79 degrees and held until end of run. Collected in pint bottles
      > numbered so I could keep track of the good stuff, but I have
      trouble
      > smelling or tasting the off's everyone talks about. I can tell
      faintly a
      > difference, but not enough to keep me from drinking it, after
      tossing the
      > first 100 ml, or almost half pint, in plain terms. I kept the last
      pint as
      > tails anyway, to add to next batch...I am not a purist, and simply
      add
      > product (92-93%abv) to coke and bottoms up...it works well... I use
      > quarters as boiling chips but recently found out these are clad in
      nickel,
      > not silver.......any problems with this? Am considering adding a
      second
      > reflux cooling tube to the top of the tower, as I cannot achieve
      total
      > reflux with just the one tube, and if I use the lower tube, I
      understand
      > that it screws up the whole reflux process.....any help or
      suggestions will
      > be greatly appreciated....Maxtonnage
    • waljaco
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 2, 2004
        1 US gallon = 3.8 litres
        1 US pint = 475 ml

        1 Imp gallon = 4.5 litres
        1 Imp pint = 562.5 ml
        wal
        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Rod&kaz" <kazrodau@y...>
        wrote:
        > 1 Pint = 600ml so 1/2 Pint would = 300ml not 100ml as you have said
        > but is always best to get rid of more then less. As for me i throw
        > out the 1st 200ml from a 50l wash
        >
        > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, David <maxtonnage@e...>
        wrote:
        > > Hi group....just made my third run with alcotech 48 hr turbo at 5
        > days as
        > > per inst. Internal reflux rig with cooling mods (all valved with
        > lower
        > > reflux tube shut off) am using propane turkey frier (16 gal beer
        > keg fits
        > > perfect). Added 1 tsp salt to sugar wash in the boiler after
        > ferm. Temp
        > > hit 79 degrees and held until end of run. Collected in pint
        bottles
        > > numbered so I could keep track of the good stuff, but I have
        > trouble
        > > smelling or tasting the off's everyone talks about. I can tell
        > faintly a
        > > difference, but not enough to keep me from drinking it, after
        > tossing the
        > > first 100 ml, or almost half pint, in plain terms. I kept the
        last
        > pint as
        > > tails anyway, to add to next batch...I am not a purist, and
        simply
        > add
        > > product (92-93%abv) to coke and bottoms up...it works well... I
        use
        > > quarters as boiling chips but recently found out these are clad
        in
        > nickel,
        > > not silver.......any problems with this? Am considering adding a
        > second
        > > reflux cooling tube to the top of the tower, as I cannot achieve
        > total
        > > reflux with just the one tube, and if I use the lower tube, I
        > understand
        > > that it screws up the whole reflux process.....any help or
        > suggestions will
        > > be greatly appreciated....Maxtonnage
      • David
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 2, 2004
          Funny, all my empty pint bottles say 375 ML molded into the side of the
          bottle....go figure...Dave

        • Rod&kaz
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 2, 2004
            Well sorry about that but if the rest of the world would catch up to
            Australia everyone would know what was what. So Sorry did nor
            realise that the yanks and the pom's could not agree on that one as
            well as metric's. But oh well i will just have to sit back and have
            another drink.

            PS: stainless steel scrubber should not need to be taken out and
            washed not for awhile anyway

            http://archive.nnytech.net/

            > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT
            > >
            > > Yahoo! Groups Links
            Service.

          • Rana Pipiens
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 2, 2004
              What about the structured copper mesh or copper scrubbers? I backed flushed mine and they still reeked and had a bit of black to them. R

              Rod&kaz <kazrodau@...> wrote:Well sorry about that but if the rest of the world would catch up to

              Service.

              Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            • stillyaakman
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 2, 2004
                --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, David <maxtonnage@e...> wrote:
                > my pint bottles say 375 ML molded into the side of the
                > bottle....go figure...Dave
                >
                > 375 ml. is 1/2 a 750 ml. bottle which is closest to 1/5 gal. U.S.

                Dan
              • SHINE~ ô¿ô
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 3, 2004
                  375ML is not a true U.S. pint!
                  Online metric converter; http://www.sciencemadesimple.com/conversions.html
                  > my pint bottles say 375 ML molded into the side of the
                  > bottle....go figure...Dave
                  >
                  > 375 ml. is 1/2 a 750 ml. bottle which is closest to 1/5 gal. U.S.

                  Dan

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor