Re: forced reflux?

  • jimhobbis
    Message 1 of 37 , Jul 1, 2004
      > > > Les
      > > This is what I've been looking for,the results that you have
      > > posted on that web site are very interesting.seems pretty
      staight
      > > forward.With a little luck and lots of patience I could build
      one
      > as
      > > I have good access to lots of copper.But I will take you up on
      > your
      > > offer,to send me an onlder version.Let me know.
      >

      > It is'nt old,just replaced with a modified version,I've built 8
      > in the last 12 months,there's always a better version around the
      > corner!

      Go for it 'decker,all the results on the web site are
      genuine,I've built one and the output and quality are
      incredible,truly a new generation in amateur stills.
      Jim.
    • jimhobbis
      Message 37 of 37 , Jul 26, 2004
        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "stevolate" <stevolate@y...>
        wrote:
        > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "jimhobbis"
        <jimhobbis@y...>

        > Hi Jim
        > Love your site.
        > The tests on deeper 3" trays how did it go.
        > What hight is the outside wall of the new trays?
        > Could you describe how the valves fit the tray, as in the photo it
        is
        > not clear how they are attached, or there size.
        > What size hole is under the valve?
        > What thickness copper sheet did you make trays out of.
        >
        > Thanks for any information, as I am about to build a Forced Reflux
        > column.
        >
        > Happy drinking
        >
        > Stevo

        Thanks Stevo
        Test went well,I have added some detail on site page
        9,there are some modifications to do as the rig was put together for
        testing.
        I only had half a boiler load (25litres) and it was all over in an
        hour (as the actress said).I shut down at 70% the last thing I need
        is more booze.Diluted to 40% I got 7 litres of excellent product.
        Mail me I can send more detail and photo's.
        Les. (Jim)