forced reflux?

  • BestDecker
    Message 1 of 37 , Jun 20, 2004
      does any one have any information on forced reflux and how it applies to a homemade still.Is this the type of tower that has the plates or discs?Has anyone tried it?Is it better or worse?currently I using a 1m 50 mm tower with copper mesh packing and am looking to move from outside to inside my house(smaller tower,I guess.Any info will be appreciated.Thanx

      I'd read so much on the evil's of drinking....that I quit reading.......

    • jimhobbis
      Message 37 of 37 , Jul 26, 2004
        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "stevolate" <stevolate@y...>
        wrote:
        > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "jimhobbis"
        <jimhobbis@y...>

        > Hi Jim
        > Love your site.
        > The tests on deeper 3" trays how did it go.
        > What hight is the outside wall of the new trays?
        > Could you describe how the valves fit the tray, as in the photo it
        is
        > not clear how they are attached, or there size.
        > What size hole is under the valve?
        > What thickness copper sheet did you make trays out of.
        >
        > Thanks for any information, as I am about to build a Forced Reflux
        > column.
        >
        > Happy drinking
        >
        > Stevo

        Thanks Stevo
        Test went well,I have added some detail on site page
        9,there are some modifications to do as the rig was put together for
        testing.
        I only had half a boiler load (25litres) and it was all over in an
        hour (as the actress said).I shut down at 70% the last thing I need
        is more booze.Diluted to 40% I got 7 litres of excellent product.
        Mail me I can send more detail and photo's.
        Les. (Jim)