Cleaning new carbon for filter

  • hexenwolfe
    Message 1 of 1 , May 18, 2004
      Here is an idea I have used for cleaning small amounts (up to 2 cups
      or so) of new carbon. Place the carbon in an automatic, drip style,
      coffee maker (Mr. Coffee type) and run clean water through the coffee
      maker. The hot water will wash the carbon and moisturize it. I run two
      full pots of water through the carbon and it seems to work well.

      Not to be redundant, but you should put the carbon in the filter in
      place of the coffee grounds... Like the blonde said when her
      gynecologist asked her about birth control... "I was on the pill, bit
      it didn't work. The pill kept falling out!"