RE: thank you( re :cloudiness)

  • Murphy-Marsh, Leigh
    Message 1 of 2 , May 18 3:06 AM
      Go to homedistiller.net to see info about cleaning carbon to see how to
      do it properly. If all else fails and you still get cloudiness in your
      ethanol then let it sit in a cool quite place for a few days. All the
      cloudiness should settle to the bottom of the bottle and the clear
      ethanol is easily (and carefully) decanted off the top of it.
      Luck,
      Leigh.

      Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 12:05:12 -0000
      From: "tromp901" <shapka@...>
      Subject: thank you( re :cloudiness)

      Thank you all for the information, i will dillute to 50% the next
      time and let you know how it goes.Cleaning the carbon before I use
      it is a problem,the carbon is very small ,about this long --, and
      thinner than a match stick.I do get the cloudiness and heat when I
      mix the alc. and water, that does dissapate, but then afterwards the
      mix does not become crystal clear, but hazy(hard to explain)not to
      bad when making a bourbon,or scotch,but I am a vodka man.
      Once again thanks to all