Re: Cleaning plastic hose

    Message 1 of 10 , May 8, 2004
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Michael Horowitz
      <mhorowit@c...> wrote:
      > I'd like to clean the inside of a siphoning hose; about 3/8 ID.
      > Any suggestions? - Mike

      I keep all my plastics i.e. hoses, funnels, taps , seals etc. in a
      20 litre bucket filled with water and 1 cup of bleach. When I need
      them, I just rinse them off with fresh water. When finished using,
      rinse again and return to the bucket. Keeps things squeaky clean
      and mould free. Change the water/bleach solution about once every
      month.

      HTH

      p.s.
      Don't do this with copper items, they'll go black. For copper,
      clean with vinegar then rinse with water.