heaters? please help i need some!

  • robotguy666
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2004
      what is the best heater for a still. I am looking to make a spiral
      still and need a good, low price heating element. Also is there a
      heater out there that will regulator may mash? please give me a web
      site or a brand name. Please help me. I need some.

      thanks,
      Mark
    • unarobert
      Message 2 of 2 , May 4, 2004
        Go into your nearest home improvement mega-store.

        go to the plumbing section. they should carry replacement heatign
        elements for hot water heaters in two types. screw in and bolt-in.
        they should also have adapter plates to put a scew in model into a
        bolt-in heater. get one of these adapter plates.

        take the adapter plate and brase/weld/etc it into a hole in the side
        of your boiler. then, get the element and screw it in.

        these elements are around $5-15 apiece. the adapter is around $8
        they are available in 110volt 1500watt, 220volt 4500watt, and
        220volt 5500watt.

        on my still, i'm putting a 110 volt 1500 for the run, and a 220 4500
        to supliment it on the initial warm up. this way i can run it in my
        laundry room in the plugs for the washer and dryer.

        Cheers,
        Rob Hodge

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "robotguy666"