Re: [new_distillers] wine to shine? help

  • Me_Myself & I
    Message 1 of 7 , May 2 3:58 AM
      What process are you using to distill alcohol at 99%?...:>)
      Message 2 of 7 , May 3 10:34 AM
        I'll cook a few batches through a reflux still, paying no attention to the
        different sections of the run. When I feel like I have enough to make it worth
        while I will run it through again, making sure to seperate the foreshots,
        heads, heart, and tail of the run. The amount needed, to feel like you have
        enough, will depend on the size of still you are using I suppose. When I test the
        liquor produced through this process it is around 98 or 99%. It should have a
        sweet taste and not smell like sweaty feet. If this happens you need to run
        it through again and watch closely for when the tail end of the run will
        start. Be sure to save the tail and head of the run. You can cook it with your
        next batch. Good Luck! Chris

      • Me_Myself & I
        Message 3 of 7 , May 3 7:30 PM
          If your distillate is 'testing' "around 98 or 99%" you need to do a temperature correction...or get an accurate alcoholmeter...:>)