Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [new_distillers] $5 !

Expand Messages
  • Me_Myself & I
    ... From: Ricky To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com Sent: Saturday, May 01, 2004 7:04 PM Subject: [new_distillers] $5 ! I have read that shine can go for as
    Message 1 of 10 , May 2, 2004
    • 0 Attachment
      ...:>)......I have never heard of "shine" selling for anywhere near $5 a gallon....where is this supposed to be happening?...:>)
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Ricky
      To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, May 01, 2004 7:04 PM
      Subject: [new_distillers] $5 !


      I have read that shine can go for as little as $5 per gallon.
      Clash



      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
    • Don Rickles
      I have sold mione one time but only at the insistence of the person involved. He gave me 100 bucks for 2 gallons of 100 proof (neutral spirits cut with
      Message 2 of 10 , May 3, 2004
      • 0 Attachment
        I have sold mione one time but only at the insistence of the person involved. He gave me 100 bucks for 2 gallons of 100 proof (neutral spirits cut with water). I never give out my stuff at full strength...too dangerous...of course I had given him a gallon before this and he considered my time and money involved and said it was well worth the "donation" he gave me. He contacted me a week ago and wants 2 more gallons at the same rate...guess he likes it huh?
        ----- Original Message -----
        From: Ricky
        To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
        Sent: Saturday, May 01, 2004 6:04 PM
        Subject: [new_distillers] $5 !


        I have read that shine can go for as little as $5 per gallon. I do
        not sell or have I ever thought of it. But, I was wondering. Just how
        low of a proof and how sloppy would one have to be so that his
        product would be only worth $5 per gallon. Must be about 40 proof and
        cooled thru a car radiator? $5
        Hell, the yeast for a 25 liter batch cost me about that. This 5$ a
        gallon stuff must not be no way near the quality product that we here
        produce. I would like to hear your comments on this cheap liquor.
        Thanks

        Clash



        New Distillers group archives are at http://archive.nnytech.net/
        FAQ and other information available at http://homedistiller.org




        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        ADVERTISEMENT





        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Yahoo! Groups Links

        a.. To visit your group on the web, go to:
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/new_distillers/

        b.. To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
        new_distillers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

        c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.



        [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
      • jimpuchai
        ... involved. He gave me 100 bucks for 2 gallons of 100 proof (neutral spirits cut with water). I never give out my stuff at full strength...too
        Message 3 of 10 , May 3, 2004
        • 0 Attachment
          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Don Rickles"
          <drickles37388@c...> wrote:
          > I have sold mione one time but only at the insistence of the person
          involved. He gave me 100 bucks for 2 gallons of 100 proof (neutral
          spirits cut with water). I never give out my stuff at full
          strength...too dangerous...of course I had given him a gallon before
          this and he considered my time and money involved and said it was
          well worth the "donation" he gave me. He contacted me a week ago and
          wants 2 more gallons at the same rate...guess he likes it huh?


          I can only suggest that you are sailing into very dangerous waters.
          Full about and back to a SAFE harbour.

          Jim Puchai.
        • Brain Solenoid
          Don, I m definitely with Jim on this one. Seriously, what justifies the illegality of conducting this hobby in the US for me is that I do it purely for
          Message 4 of 10 , May 3, 2004
          • 0 Attachment
            Don,

            I'm definitely with Jim on this one. Seriously, what justifies the
            illegality of conducting this hobby in the US for me is that I do it
            purely for personal use and gifts to family and friends. I would
            never dream of selling my product, no matter how great the temptation.
            If I did, I would cross that line from "dubious enthusiast" to
            bootlegger (with tax evasion to boot).

            Realizing it isn't any of my busienss, but it just ain't worth it when
            your in the can, Man. If your going to do it, please don't discuss it
            in any of these forums or "The Powers That Be" will think we ALL do it.

            Good luck, and regards,
            BS




            --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "jimpuchai" <puchai4@o...> wrote:
            > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Don Rickles"
            > <drickles37388@c...> wrote:
            > > I have sold mione one time but only at the insistence of the person
            > involved. He gave me 100 bucks for 2 gallons of 100 proof (neutral
            > spirits cut with water). I never give out my stuff at full
            > strength...too dangerous...of course I had given him a gallon before
            > this and he considered my time and money involved and said it was
            > well worth the "donation" he gave me. He contacted me a week ago and
            > wants 2 more gallons at the same rate...guess he likes it huh?
            >
            >
            > I can only suggest that you are sailing into very dangerous waters.
            > Full about and back to a SAFE harbour.
            >
            > Jim Puchai.
          • Austin Smith
            If you re in the States, you re looking at 5 years Federal time at a minimum. You better hope that the individual you re selling to doesn t get in some kind
            Message 5 of 10 , May 4, 2004
            • 0 Attachment
              If you're in the States, you're looking at 5 years Federal time at a minimum. You better hope that the individual you're selling to doesn't get in some kind of trouble himself. When they ask what he can give them, he'll most definitely give them you.

              [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
            • txbajabill
              ... a minimum. You better hope that the individual you re selling to doesn t get in some kind of trouble himself. When they ask what he can give them, he ll
              Message 6 of 10 , May 4, 2004
              • 0 Attachment
                --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Austin Smith" <asmith1@b...>
                wrote:
                > If you're in the States, you're looking at 5 years Federal time at
                a minimum. You better hope that the individual you're selling to
                doesn't get in some kind of trouble himself. When they ask what he
                can give them, he'll most definitely give them you.
                >
                > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

                http://www.atf.gov/alcohol/info/faq/genalcohol.htm#g1

                http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/26/5601.html

                "Withdraws, [1] uses, sells, or otherwise disposes of distilled
                spirits produced under section 5181 for other than fuel use; shall be
                fined not more than $10,000, or imprisoned not more than 5 years, or
                both, for each such offense."

                http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/26/5602.html

                "Whenever any person engaged in or carrying on the business of a
                distiller defrauds, attempts to defraud, or engages in such business
                with intent to defraud the United States of the tax on the spirits
                distilled by him, or of any part thereof, he shall be fined not more
                than $10,000, or imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both. No
                discontinuance or nolle prosequi of any prosecution under this
                section shall be allowed without the permission in writing of the
                Attorney General"


                So, that's not more than $10,000 and not more than 5 years for two
                crimes (illicit distillation and tax fraud), plus penalties for
                violating state laws.


                Sucks huh. Especially considering it's legal to make the alcohol in
                the form of beer or wine, but not legal to simply purify it. Archaic
                laws of an antiquated penal code. Ain't the U.S.A great! LAND OF THE
                FREE! (I love my country, don't get me wrong, though the government
                could use a little work)
              • waljaco
                If you start selling your homemade beer, wine or jam for that matter without paying tax, see what happens! Some laws cannot be enforced - such as distilling
                Message 7 of 10 , May 4, 2004
                • 0 Attachment
                  If you start selling your homemade beer, wine or jam for that matter
                  without paying tax, see what happens!
                  Some laws cannot be enforced - such as distilling for personal use
                  only.
                  wal
                  --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "txbajabill" <txbajabill@y...>
                  wrote:
                  > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Austin Smith"
                  <asmith1@b...>
                  > wrote:
                  > > If you're in the States, you're looking at 5 years Federal time
                  at
                  > a minimum. You better hope that the individual you're selling to
                  > doesn't get in some kind of trouble himself. When they ask what he
                  > can give them, he'll most definitely give them you.
                  > >
                  > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                  >
                  > http://www.atf.gov/alcohol/info/faq/genalcohol.htm#g1
                  >
                  > http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/26/5601.html
                  >
                  > "Withdraws, [1] uses, sells, or otherwise disposes of distilled
                  > spirits produced under section 5181 for other than fuel use; shall
                  be
                  > fined not more than $10,000, or imprisoned not more than 5 years,
                  or
                  > both, for each such offense."
                  >
                  > http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/26/5602.html
                  >
                  > "Whenever any person engaged in or carrying on the business of a
                  > distiller defrauds, attempts to defraud, or engages in such
                  business
                  > with intent to defraud the United States of the tax on the spirits
                  > distilled by him, or of any part thereof, he shall be fined not
                  more
                  > than $10,000, or imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both. No
                  > discontinuance or nolle prosequi of any prosecution under this
                  > section shall be allowed without the permission in writing of the
                  > Attorney General"
                  >
                  >
                  > So, that's not more than $10,000 and not more than 5 years for two
                  > crimes (illicit distillation and tax fraud), plus penalties for
                  > violating state laws.
                  >
                  >
                  > Sucks huh. Especially considering it's legal to make the alcohol in
                  > the form of beer or wine, but not legal to simply purify it.
                  Archaic
                  > laws of an antiquated penal code. Ain't the U.S.A great! LAND OF
                  THE
                  > FREE! (I love my country, don't get me wrong, though the government
                  > could use a little work)
                • vojeto
                  ... a minimum. You better hope that the individual you re selling to doesn t get in some kind of trouble himself. When they ask what he can give them, he ll
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 4, 2004
                  • 0 Attachment
                    --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Austin Smith" <asmith1@b...>
                    wrote:
                    > If you're in the States, you're looking at 5 years Federal time at
                    a minimum. You better hope that the individual you're selling to
                    doesn't get in some kind of trouble himself. When they ask what he
                    can give them, he'll most definitely give them you.


                    Assuming he ain't "one of them" himself. With this hobby, a certain
                    amount of paranoia is a healthy instinct.

                    Cheers
                    JRae
                  • Michael Horowitz
                    I d like to clean the inside of a siphoning hose; about 3/8 ID. Any suggestions? - Mike
                    Message 9 of 10 , May 8, 2004
                    • 0 Attachment
                      I'd like to clean the inside of a siphoning hose; about 3/8 ID.
                      Any suggestions? - Mike
                    • Harry
                      ... I keep all my plastics i.e. hoses, funnels, taps , seals etc. in a 20 litre bucket filled with water and 1 cup of bleach. When I need them, I just rinse
                      Message 10 of 10 , May 8, 2004
                      • 0 Attachment
                        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Michael Horowitz
                        <mhorowit@c...> wrote:
                        > I'd like to clean the inside of a siphoning hose; about 3/8 ID.
                        > Any suggestions? - Mike


                        I keep all my plastics i.e. hoses, funnels, taps , seals etc. in a
                        20 litre bucket filled with water and 1 cup of bleach. When I need
                        them, I just rinse them off with fresh water. When finished using,
                        rinse again and return to the bucket. Keeps things squeaky clean
                        and mould free. Change the water/bleach solution about once every
                        month.

                        HTH
                        Slainte!
                        regards Harry

                        p.s.
                        Don't do this with copper items, they'll go black. For copper,
                        clean with vinegar then rinse with water.
                      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.