Re: [new_distillers] wine to shine? help

  • ChrisMcFarland69@cs.com
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2004
      You can distill the wine, and make 198 proof alcohol. The amount of alcohol
      in the wine will determine how much you end up with. It works really well for
      disinfecting wounds and degreasing engines.

    • Me_Myself & I
      Message 2 of 7 , May 2, 2004
        What process are you using to distill alcohol at 99%?...:>)
        Message 3 of 7 , May 3, 2004
          I'll cook a few batches through a reflux still, paying no attention to the
          different sections of the run. When I feel like I have enough to make it worth
          while I will run it through again, making sure to seperate the foreshots,
          heads, heart, and tail of the run. The amount needed, to feel like you have
          enough, will depend on the size of still you are using I suppose. When I test the
          liquor produced through this process it is around 98 or 99%. It should have a
          sweet taste and not smell like sweaty feet. If this happens you need to run
          it through again and watch closely for when the tail end of the run will
          start. Be sure to save the tail and head of the run. You can cook it with your
          next batch. Good Luck! Chris

        • Me_Myself & I
          Message 4 of 7 , May 3, 2004
            If your distillate is 'testing' "around 98 or 99%" you need to do a temperature correction...or get an accurate alcoholmeter...:>)