to abbababbaccc

  • robotguy666
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2004
      hey how does your new amazing still mod work??
      I am looking at the picture but i do not understand why you have a
      bucket glued onto you lid. how does you new amazing still work?
      thank you for the help
      Mark
    • abbababbaccc
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2004
        I've used it for stripping malt mashes and it achieves over 50% from
        8% mash. A Norwegian distiller who did this first reported well past
        70% results with ~18% mash. The principle is to circulate warm
        air/ethanol mixture through the bucket while a certain proportion is
        condensed and removed. The large pipe with scrubbers acts as a column
        and the small pipe is to return the cooled mixture back to the
        bucket. IMO it might act the opposite way, but the result is pretty
        good anyway. The big bonus is you can distill the entire mash in one
        go and get pretty good strength. As usual carbon filtration is
        recommended. When considering this mod vs. spiral still I'd recommend
        building a spirall still (much more potential, especially with
        column).

        Greetz, Riku

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "robotguy666"