Re: [new_distillers] Re: pregelatinized?

  • Kim Walker
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 27, 2004
      try "plaster of paris".....it's pure gypsum and is cheap

      Kim

      CornFed (Randy) wrote:

      > You would need to read the packaging label to see if it is truely
      > pure gypsum. Some gardening product suppliers add copious amounts
      > of ammonium nitrate fertilizer and other things to green up the
      > folliage along with the gypsum.
      >

      > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Rana Pipiens <ranah2o@y...>
      > wrote:
      > I have a little question about the gypsum used to condition the
      > water. Can ordinary gardening gypsum be used.

    • Brain Solenoid
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 27, 2004
        Geez......try smokin' Pall Mall filterless..........no carcinogenics
        there! Plaster of Paris has binding elements in it that are not
        necessarily condusive to human consumption.

        Gypsum is not drywall..........gypsum is not some art
        supply.........It's a chemical constituent that is a serious additive
        to your beer/distillate. It's Calcium Sulfate.

        Realizing I sound critial, but we need to be a snick more thoughtful
        about human lives when we give advice.

        Please.....please do not advise low cost alternatives to items going
        in your body!

        Sorry to be a turd.......

        BS

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Kim Walker <kimwalk@u...> wrote:
        > try "plaster of paris".....it's pure gypsum and is cheap
        >
        > Kim
        >
        > CornFed (Randy) wrote:
        >
        > > You would need to read the packaging label to see if it is truely
        > > pure gypsum. Some gardening product suppliers add copious amounts
        > > of ammonium nitrate fertilizer and other things to green up the
        > > folliage along with the gypsum.
        > >

        > > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Rana Pipiens <ranah2o@y...>
        > > wrote:
        > > I have a little question about the gypsum used to condition the
        > > water. Can ordinary gardening gypsum be used.

      • gatesbox
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 28, 2004
          > Sorry to be a turd.......

          BS, thank you for your incredible contributions to this group. I
          wish to especially thank you for your dedication to the english
          language. With many remarks made regarding the use of grammar and
          spelling I have been very cautious. You see until today I believe I
          have spelled the word turd incorrectly most of my natural life.
          Thank you for this great contribution to the group. Know that
          today, you have changed a persons life. ;)

          -Al
        • brewhausinc
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 28, 2004
            Gypsum is actually very inexpensive, and can be found at virtually
            any homebrew supply store, or online via homebrew suppliers or some
            distillation suppliers. If you have any trouble in finding a source
            locally, I would be happy to help you if you message me directly.

            Rick