How to clean inside of copper pipe...

  • bum_man2003
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2004
      Hi Y'all,
      I bought some 2" copper pipe to build another still but it has this
      green corrosion inside it. Any ideas on how to remove this? All info
      would be greatly appreciated. I thought about trying to clean it out
      with steel wool but gets next to impossible inside a 2" pipe 5' long..

      Thanks,
    • grayson_stewart66
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4, 2004
        You can either scrub it out with a foam brush attached to a long
        dowel or take a piece of heavy duty garbage bag and place it over
        one end, then hold the garbage bag at the end with several wraps of
        a stout rubber band...then fill the pipe with vinegar.
      • ernie
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4, 2004
          try a product called tarnex or limeaway
          > I bought some 2" copper pipe to build another still but it has this
          > green corrosion inside it. Any ideas on how to remove this? All info
          > would be greatly appreciated. I thought about trying to clean it out
          > with steel wool but gets next to impossible inside a 2" pipe 5' long..
          >
          > Thanks,

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Brandon Lee
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 5, 2004
            Make u a make shift box out of cardboard long enough
            to accommodate the piece of pip3--line the inside of
            the box with plastic-- place pipe and parts inside
            box-- fill with vinegar to cover pipe and let it
            sit--about 2 hrs later it will look like it was brand
            new--when finish collect vinegar for cleaning to use
            later
            Regarde'
            Blueflame456