Re: [new_distillers] Re: Ending SG w/ baker's yeast?

  • Michael Horowitz
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 3, 2004
      Thanks for the explanation; In a panic, I re-examined my work:
      When I built the wash, I did two things - I used the basic 2#/gal, and then
      adjusted the SG to 1.07.
      After your e-mail, I went to the website and ran what I did thru the
      formula and find that my 2#/gal gave a bit less potential then 14%, so at
      least in theory, I haven't overloaded the yeast with sugar.
      Yeah, I hear you about what yeast to use and it's not hard to find; I'm not
      being stubborn, but others seem to have had luck using baker's yeast and I
      wanted to give it a try.
      Let's give this another day, then if action is still slow, I'll split the
      wash and add water to both halfs. - Mike