Re: Advice on Attaching Heating Elements to Keg

  • jimpuchai
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 2, 2004
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Ron Miller <rmillerb1@y...>
      wrote:
      > Yeah, that's right. I was a little concerned with the
      > radius of the boiler not being flat enough to seal...
      > but my boiler is only 13-1/2" in dia and it seals
      > perfectly, your keg is considerably larger, therefore
      > easier to seal....
      > Ron
      > --- Derek Hamlet <derekhamlet@s...> wrote:
      > > Ron,
      > > Thanks very much, that sound good. So it's nut on
      > > the inside, neoprene
      > > washer on the outside.

      Just to put another method forward as a possibility.

      The welding wizz I watched, simply perched the nut centrally over
      the hole, tacked the two places where it rested on the boiler, and
      then went around building up as he went. Five minutes to complete.
      Leaves a perfect flat area for the neoprene ring. He was using TIG I
      believe.

      Cheers,
      Jim P.