RE: [new_distillers] Digest Number 1218

  • Murphy-Marsh, Leigh
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2, 2004
      I agree the PDA is excellent but I believe they are still working on the
      plant/hydrosol distiller.
      Borosillicate is very expensive.
      Check http://www.heartmagic.com/EssentialDistiller.html. It looks
      excellent though very fragile and very expensive.
      Welcome.

      Message: 14
      Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 14:30:28 -0800 (PST)
      From: Cindy Jones <cindyjones1@...>
      Subject: Re: Digest Number 1218

      I just joined, looks like agreat list. Although I'd
      like to give distilling spirits a try some time I am
      most interested in distilling plants for floral waters
      or hydrosols. Has anyone on this list ever done that?
      For this purpose I was considering buying a very small
      distiller; made from borosilicate lab glass. I'm sure
      this would be very good for plants, but I also don't
      want to elminate the possibility of distilling
      spirits. If I am only distilling one liter or so of
      "mash" how much spirits will that give me?
      Thanks,
      Cindy

      =====
      Cindy Jones, Ph.D., author of "The Antibiotic Alternative" and "Herbs
      for Healthy Skin"; http://www.sagescript.com
    • John Thompson
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 2, 2004
        A continuos flow essences extractor as an optional accessory for the PDA1
        has been available for some time.

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 2, 2004
          sorry i'm in error, old memory, and should have checked first-- was thinking
          that the hydrosol unit had been included with the continuos extractor but
          the amphora site does indicate that it is still coming.