Re: Guilty Ozzie

  • dr_tucks
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 29, 2004
      i use still spirits turbo yeast because it has a good operational

      temperature range of 15 to 28c (no waterbed heat pad at almost a
      dollar a day. In keeping with the motto and all! ).As well as being
      able to take 8kg of dex or sugar. this is a great yeast for
      victorians who brew in gal sheds. Queenslanders need SS temp
      tollerant yeast 15-40c unless they have air cond. Dont worry about
      the rubbish on the side of the pack unless you want the added
      expense of heat pads. If your in that much of a rush 365 dollars a
      year buys two extra barrels (grin) lots of yeast and sugar or dex,
      and a whole lot of yeast {its just the strain i want to strech not
      the empty retail packs.)
      Mine takes approx 13 days to finish and bar stirring in yeast at
      around 25c for two minutes pop on the lid and leave it until
      finished, if its colder it will take longer. No rush when theres
      always a barrel or two finished.

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "imbibed2"