Re: PICTURES

  • mobrien@zoology.uq.edu.au
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 9, 2001
      --- In new_distillers@y..., css1@h... wrote:
      > Can someone tell me how to put pictures on a post please.
      > Thank you

      Hi,

      You basically have two options:

      1. If you write your email in an email program, there should be a
      button/field called "attach" - click on this, and then find the file
      you want to attach to the document. If you have problems with this,
      go into your programs help menu, and search for attachments.

      2. If you read the messages on the web, its easiest to upload the
      pictures into the files directory for this group. Log in to Yahoo
      groups <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/new_distillers/> and then click
      on the FILES link in the box on the right hand side. At the top of
      the new page, you will see three links: Add file; Create text file;
      Create folder.

      Its best if you create a folder (usually your name) to put your
      photos in, then click on your folder, then hit the ADD FILE link -
      follow the instructions and upload your file. After its uploaded,
      you then can click on the file name you uploaded to see it, and you
      can then copy the URL to paste into a message, so people can see the
      pictures. For example, heres a link to a still head image I
      uploaded last week:

      Hope this helps,

      Matt