Re: Water Heaters

  • mr_ethanol2003
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 12, 2004
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Cleve Mael" <tuggit@g...>
      wrote:

      Hi Cleve,

      It is my opinion that you should not try to directly control
      temperature in the boiler. If the you fit a closed loop control
      system that switches the element on and off you will get surge
      boiling. This will do nothing for the column equilibrium in your
      PDA1.

      I think you would have better results if you bought something like a
      sutronics controller. This just controls power delivery to the load
      (you set it manually then leave it). It switches the mains supply at
      a frequency that would avoid surge boiling.

      Anybody agree/disagree...

      Andy.