EuroStill questions

  • mattandmiche@oddpost.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 8, 2004
      Hi,

      I've just bought a 60 litre Eurostill and the packing in the column seems a little loose.
      Would it hurt to bung a couple of scrubbies in it to pack it out a little more? Also, should I
      lag the body of the still to minimize heat-loss? Any other tips to help me get the most out
      of it?

      And a quick intro as I'm delurking...

      I'm Matt, a Brit just moved to NZ. I've brewed all-grain beers for about 6 years, but on
      moving here was delighted to find out that distilling is legal, so...

      Cheers,

      Matt
    • bingara2002
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 9, 2004
        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, mattandmiche@o... wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I've just bought a 60 litre Eurostill and the packing in the column
        seems a little loose.
        > Would it hurt to bung a couple of scrubbies in it to pack it out a
        little more? Also, should I
        > lag the body of the still to minimize heat-loss? Any other tips to
        help me get the most out
        > of it?
        > >
        > Matt

        G'day Matt
        Short answers No Yes

        Suggest you check out homedistiller.org for all the info you will
        need .Download it and enjoy.

        John