Nother newbie question

  • MaryJane
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2004
      Does distilling smell obvious btw? Or making the wash?

      ... I would rather not be getting funny looks from my neighbours. Particularly if it caused by unlawful practices :/ ..and I would imagine I would have the distiller in the garage/rumpus area under our (high-set) house (if that is safe?)

      ===Monica

    • oliminun
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2004
        I do it my garage and have not noticed any funny looks yet.
        But you could stick a little bit of activated carbon on the breather
        from your air lock as Johan in Sewden does. When you ferment.

        Reima

      • ChrisMcFarland69@cs.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 2, 2004
          I use two thirty liter fermenting tubs with air locks, and just let it
          ferment in my spare bathroom. Guests have used the bathroom and haven't even
          noticed the mash fermenting in the bath tub right next to them. It is a lot easier
          for me to maintain a constant temperature in my house than in my garage,
          unless you buy heaters for your tubs. Good Luck! Chris