Re: [new_distillers] sweet taste in my vodka

  • BOKAKOB
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2004
      Sweet taste is the sign of a clean spirit. It will be there at all times. I think that you could try masking this "taste" with small amounts of additives. I know that very minute amount of regular salt will "offset" the sweet taste. If you want to try you could make water+sugar solution close to the sensation you get from your vodka. Of course, it will be very subjective. After that you could add to that weak syrup variety of additives to see what result you will have. When (and if) you find what you like I would mix it with the real stuff in small quantities and taste it.
      I personally dont mind sweetish taste. Alex...

      rob720155805 <rob720155805@...> wrote:
      I've made vodka twice now using a sugar mash and have gotten pretty good results
      both time. However, there remains a sweet taste and smell, almost like sake even
      after i double distill and charcoal filter. I'm hesitent to triple distill because I don't
      want to lose too much more volume. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions
      how to get rid of, or at least ameliorate some of the sweet smell and taste. Any
      suggestions will be very appreciated. Thank you very much.

      I can be wrong I must say
      Cheers, Alex...