Re: Pot Still Dimensions - Power & Revinuers

  • Brain Solenoid
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 19, 2004
      Well..........Harry is correct that even here in my part of the U.S.
      growers are getting arrested because of being discovered by meter
      readings. The big thing they get them with is infra-red fly-overs
      where the house glows like it's on fire when observed with special
      equipment. The meter readings are just the "smoking
      gun"........the "sauce for the goose", as it were.
      However, I do have a Pot Still and it is very inefficient as opposed
      to a Reflux Tower.

      With a family with children, we're doing laundry EVERY day. That's a
      good camouflage! : )

      Harry, thanks a ton for the info. Now, I think I'll take a mosey
      down to the salvage yard.......

      Regards,
      BS

      > One would have to have a might big shine operation for water and
      > electricity of a home still to alert revenooers. Pot operations
      draw big
      > electricity for a long time. Running a still would be like
      draining your
      > hot water tank to get rid of scale and then refilling it again.
      > Shit when I do photgraphy I have a permanent low trick of water
      running
      > continuously for hours.

      > >ours is in Australia, you have to pay for excess usage. Also, the
      > >sneaky 'revenoors' use meter figures for water AND electricity to
      > >catch the unwary. It started as a way to trap drug growers,
      > >but 'shiners can get caught in the net, too. Just a 'heads-
      up'. :-)