Re: [new_distillers] Re: Carbon vs fliter

  • vector180
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 14, 2004
      You can also clean or prepare your carbon using steam. I have been doing
      this for quite some time. I admit to relying on the taste buds to
      discern wether the re-used carbon is clean or not. It is possible some
      things get thru used carbon but my taste test concludes you can indeed
      steam and re use it a number of times.
      BTW I taste test the carbon granules(after cleaning) and the spirit
      after filtering.
      Steaming is real easy and beats the boiling over and over again method
      IMHO. I also originally bought the steam cleaner as a pressie for the
      wife, so I won twice:)