Re: what size element to use in keg still and how to mount element

  • Matthew Garner
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 14, 2004
      ok in my experince i used a 1800w hot water elemnt $40au ( bolt on
      typeworth takes a 2ish hours 2 heat up but hey it pulls 7.5.8amps on
      240v so i cna just run it from a normal power point
      i decided to plasma cut a hole in the bottom flat bit for this i
      foung after wards i had to neaten up with dremal and the bolts we on
      the angles bit of stainless before pushing element on uses HEAPS of
      sillcone with elemnt on bottom i found i have to use 2 bits of wood
      to prop it up a bit it works well but u have to have lets say 10l of
      liquid in the boiler as element goes up (u can bed it down but u
      still need 15l) it works well wires come out of bottom drain holes
      and are terminated under neath the keg no chance of rubbing leg
      against live connections