RE: [new_distillers] Digest Number 303

  • Rex Nairn
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30, 2001
      Could u clarify your mix for a bundy rum .We get a
      Stillspirits Qld gold in a 42mls sachet - their top shelf classic
      range , and the only other flavours are calypso dark , navy dark in
      the classic range and then we have dark rum and Jamaican dark rum in
      the Top shelf spirits range and then there is a dark rum in their
      original spirits [ formerly still spirits ] range . There are a lot
      of possible combinations here , I would rather not try them all so if
      u could enlighten me I would appreciate it .
      I am in Tasmania [AUS] ,so since we whipped the Kiwis in RUGBY
      maybe they are trying to baffle us by confusion - hope u can
      enlighten me .
      Thanks
      Jonathan

      Hi Johnathon,
      Copywrite restrictions prevent us from saying what flavour is most like
      which particular commercial spirit! It sounds like the Classic Queensland
      Gold Rum would be the most suitable for you.
      the reason there are so many different rums goes back to my point yesterday
      that rum has been a difficult essence to get right. basically
      stillspirits.com have continually created improvements in their rum essences
      but have been unable to drop an essence from their range each time they have
      done this as each essence has its afficianados!
      there is a brief description of all still spirits essences at
      http://www.stillspirits.com/howto/ssessence.htm that may help. The other
      point is that with personal tastes being what they are it is difficult to
      say "you will like this or that essence".
      I hope this helps.
      Cheers,
      Rex
      PS go the All Blacks!