Re: [new_distillers] now about the taste if the sugar mash...

  • Gary Coutts
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2004
      Try www.brewmaster.com they have all the info on charcoal filtering and lots of web sites to visit to get additional info on charcoal filtering.

      Good luck
      Gary
      From: ukoa
      To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, January 03, 2004 11:58 AM
      Subject: [new_distillers] now about the taste if the sugar mash...

      the end result obviously tastes and smells like hell. I've heard
      about putting it through charcoal to fix it. but... what kind of
      charcoal? since I'm in america the local brew supply store doesnt
      support what i'm doing. where would I find that kind of charcoal? I
      assume its not just average bar-b-que charcoal...
      thank you.

      ttp://archive.nnytech.net/

    • Gary Coutts
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2004
        Sorry, I mean't to send you to www.brewhaus.com they have all the info you require on charcoal filters etc.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 3, 2004
          Hi,
          I don't know if I missed some of your previous posts but could you
          tell use what setup you are using. Carbon treatment will only help
          the flavour a little. the spirt shouldn't taste like hell! - did you
          seperate heads and tails???
          the more info you can tell us about how you made the spirit the
          better!
          cheers
          Jim :)