now about the taste if the sugar mash...

  • ukoa
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2004
      the end result obviously tastes and smells like hell. I've heard
      about putting it through charcoal to fix it. but... what kind of
      charcoal? since I'm in america the local brew supply store doesnt
      support what i'm doing. where would I find that kind of charcoal? I
      assume its not just average bar-b-que charcoal...
      thank you.
    • Gary Coutts
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2004
        Try www.brewmaster.com they have all the info on charcoal filtering and lots of web sites to visit to get additional info on charcoal filtering.

        Good luck
        Gary
        the end result obviously tastes and smells like hell. I've heard
        about putting it through charcoal to fix it. but... what kind of
        charcoal? since I'm in america the local brew supply store doesnt
        support what i'm doing. where would I find that kind of charcoal? I
        assume its not just average bar-b-que charcoal...
        thank you.

        ttp://archive.nnytech.net/

      • Gary Coutts
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 3, 2004
          Sorry, I mean't to send you to www.brewhaus.com they have all the info you require on charcoal filters etc.
          Good luck
          Gary

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 3, 2004
            Hi,
            I don't know if I missed some of your previous posts but could you
            tell use what setup you are using. Carbon treatment will only help
            the flavour a little. the spirt shouldn't taste like hell! - did you
            seperate heads and tails???
            the more info you can tell us about how you made the spirit the
            better!
            cheers
            Jim :)