galvanized boiler

  • w_upnorth
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2004
      I am about ready to run my first batch off. (if it ever gets done)
      my question is, Is anyone out there using a galvanized boiler?
      An old hot-water tank, milk can? im set to use a galvanized milk can.
      I have used galvanized 4'x8' sheet steel to make a maple syrup pan
      with 8" sides and have used it for years with no ill effects.
      I have both cut and welded galvanized steel. it smells and tastes
      acidic. and it is bad for you , but one whiff will not knock you out
      or kill you. ( you need oxy-acct torch to produce vapor from galvanize.)
      my question is will the alcohol carry a metal. taste thru a reflux
      L.M. or V.M style still.