alcoholometer correction table

  • santhosh kumar
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 2, 2004
      Hi,
      Iam a new distiller.I have a alcoholometer calibratted at 15*c. let me know how to calculate the abv% in a different temperature level?

      new_distillers@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      There are 7 messages in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. HAPPY NEW YEAR
      From: "cheeperdrunk"
      2. Opinions?
      From: "shinershane"
      3. Re: Opinions?
      From: "jimpuchai"

      4. Re: Opinions?
      From: Derek Hamlet
      5. Re: Opinions?
      From: "shinershane"
      6. Re: Opinions?
      From: BOKAKOB
      7. Re: Opinions?
      From: "watertrade2003"

      Message: 1
      Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 04:43:19 -0000
      From: "cheeperdrunk"
      Subject: HAPPY NEW YEAR

      Message: 2
      Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 09:01:30 -0000
      From: "shinershane"
      Subject: Opinions?

      Hey fellow stillers, I am building a new set-up for outside. I am
      using a 40 Liter pot and it will be propane fired. I am using the
      double reducer system. Like to have your ideas on column height
      before I cut the pipe. Three Meters seems to be the common height,
      but I sure would like to hear from those who know. Is anything higher
      then this just a waste? Is it at all fiesable to go higher? Thanks

      SS

      Message: 3
      Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 11:42:18 -0000
      From: "jimpuchai"

      Subject: Re: Opinions?

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "shinershane"
      wrote:
      > Hey fellow stillers, I am building a new set-up for outside. I am
      > using a 40 Liter pot and it will be propane fired. I am using the
      > double reducer system. Like to have your ideas on column height
      > before I cut the pipe. Three Meters seems to be the common height,
      > but I sure would like to hear from those who know. Is anything
      higher
      > then this just a waste? Is it at all fiesable to go higher? Thanks
      >

      > SS

      In my experience, 1200mm of packing is fully adequate. Anything more
      is overkill and not seriously productive. So just add the height for
      the reducers and a condenser as described by Alex, and you will come
      out fairly close to two meters overall. These figures are for 50mm
      pipe. Smaller or bigger pipe, I don't know.
      If you go any higher you will run into problems with stability,
      access, weight and maybe birds roosting on your condenser:-) I
      suppose you might tell your neighbours it is a fancy antennae, but
      you may not get away with that little lie. They may even think of
      blackmail to get free supplies (big grin)

      Enjoy your project,
      Jim.

      Message: 4
      Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 09:10:13 -0800
      From: Derek Hamlet

      Three metres is approx. nine feet???????? Are you sure you want it that tall?
      At 01:01 AM 1/1/04, you wrote:
      >Hey fellow stillers, I am building a new set-up for outside. I am
      >using a 40 Liter pot and it will be propane fired. I am using the
      >double reducer system. Like to have your ideas on column height
      >before I cut the pipe. Three Meters seems to be the common height,
      >but I sure would like to hear from those who know. Is anything higher
      >then this just a waste? Is it at all fiesable to go higher? Thanks
      >

      >SS
      >

      >New Distillers group archives are at
      >http://archive.nnytech.net/
      >FAQ and other information available at
      >http://homedistiller.org
      >
      >ttp://archive.nnytech.net/
      >FAQ and other information available at
      >http://homedistiller.org
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      >
      >click here
      >
      >[]

      > *
      >
      > *
      > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

      Derek Hamlet
      Victoria, B. C.
      592-8590

      Message: 5
      Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 19:52:45 -0000
      From: "shinershane"

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Derek Hamlet
      wrote:
      > Three metres is approx. nine feet???????? Are you sure you want it
      that tall?

      I don't know, thats why I'm asking.
      SS

      > At 01:01 AM 1/1/04, you wrote:
      > >Hey fellow stillers, I am building a new set-up for outside. I am
      > >using a 40 Liter pot and it will be propane fired. I am using the
      > >double reducer system. Like to have your ideas on column height
      > >before I cut the pipe. Three Meters seems to be the common height,
      > >but I sure would like to hear from those who know. Is anything
      higher
      > >then this just a waste? Is it at all fiesable to go higher? Thanks
      > >

      > >SS
      > >

      > >New Distillers group archives are at
      > >http://archive.nnytech.net/
      > >FAQ and other information available at
      > >http://homedistiller.org
      > >
      > >ttp://archive.nnytech.net/
      > >FAQ and other information available at
      > >http://homedistiller.org
      > >

      > >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      >
      >=egroupweb/S=1705041694:HM/EXP=1073034093/A=1911856/R=0/*http://www.li
      fescapeinc.com/picasa/landing.php?capid=222&caId=1985>
      > >click here
      > >
      > >[]

      /group/new_distillers/

      > > *
      > > *
      > > subject=Unsubscribe>new_distillers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
      > >
      > > *
      > > Yahoo! Terms of Service.
      >

      > Derek Hamlet
      > Victoria, B. C.
      > 592-8590

      Message: 6
      Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 15:07:03 -0800 (PST)
      From: BOKAKOB

      THREE METERS? I dont think it is a good coice. Four FEET seems work fine. If not you alsways can add more sections with a regular male-female couplers.

      shinershane wrote:Hey fellow stillers, I am building a new set-up for outside. I am
      using a 40 Liter pot and it will be propane fired. I am using the
      double reducer system. Like to have your ideas on column height
      before I cut the pipe. Three Meters seems to be the common height,
      but I sure would like to hear from those who know. Is anything higher
      then this just a waste? Is it at all fiesable to go higher? Thanks

      SS

      ttp://archive.nnytech.net/

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      I can be wrong I must say
      Cheers, Alex...

      Message: 7
      Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 23:27:37 -0000
      From: "watertrade2003"

      Hi Shane,
      Three meters is pretty big! � Although extra height does increase
      the number of separations in a packed column you get most of your
      returns from the first lower sections of your column � have a look
      at the calculators at www.homedistiller.org you can get a rough
      guess at the right size for you column
      I've found that most people (the ones with big columns) don't go
      much bigger than 1.5 meters and this is considered too big to some
      people � Look at the amphora society PDA-1 they designed that unit
      to be small and still produce very pure sprit
      If I were you I would make the column somewhere between 1m and 1.5
      meters long this size seems to be proven by a lot of people (and
      keep the rest of your copper for your next still! - (if your like me
      one just isn't enough)
      I've just finished my 2nd still with a 1.2m column � VM head � my
      first still was a 1.5m column � valved reflux head. I like the idea
      of separating the vapour rather than the liquid � if you separate
      the heads and have them sitting as liquid in the still waiting to be
      bled off slowly and being sent back into the column as reflux you
      will have to wait longer to get to the main run. � I think�. As the
      heads are mixing with the good alcohol as liquid and contaminating
      the clean product � hmmm � don't quote me on this!..
      Cheers! -- good luck!
      Jim

      wrote:
      > Hey fellow stillers, I am building a new set-up for outside. I am
      > using a 40 Liter pot and it will be propane fired. I am using the
      > double reducer system. Like to have your ideas on column height
      > before I cut the pipe. Three Meters seems to be the common height,
      > but I sure would like to hear from those who know. Is anything
      higher
      > then this just a waste? Is it at all fiesable to go higher? Thanks
      >

      > SS

      ttp://archive.nnytech.net/

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/