Running the pot separare from the column.

  • shinershane
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2004
      I can't remember where, but I saw a unit used soley to produce fuel.
      Pot and column were not together. Bottom low grade return was bled
      off into a container for re-run or what have you and top high grade
      came from I think a DR type head. Some sort of water bowl (bubbler)
      built into the bottom to assure the pressure traveld up the column
      and not out the low return line that was fabracated in the bottom.
      You folks know anything about this kind of set-up? Anyone out there
      running pot separate from their column? is it working for you?
      results? Thanks

      SS
    • watertrade2003
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2004
        There were some pictures posted recently at the distillers forum of
        a remote post column still by trashguy63 - you might find them
        interesting

        After seeing these pictures I think too many of us aren't paying
        enough attention to presentation of our stills - I'm going to get
        mine air brushed - I'm thinking flames/skulls and skeletons riding
        motorbikes...

        J/k trashguy I like the red.

        Jim
        :)