Re: Simplest Still

  • waljaco
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2004
      A glass jar version of the Indian 2 clay pots still can be seen at:
      http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/alcohol/alcohol_info6.shtml
      Wal
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "waljaco" <waljaco@h...> wrote:
      > Tribal Indians (from India) use 2 clay pots joined by a bamboo or
      > reed pipe. Water is poured over the condenser pot. No metal used.
      > Clay is reasonably abundant to make a clay pot.
      > Wal
      > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "b4atf" <tom00leigh@h...>
      > wrote:
      > > In the Nordhoff classic, Mutiny on the Bounty, Fletcher
      Christian's
      > > men were able to make liquor with yams and a metal pot. Just out
      of
      > > curiosity, what do the members here think is the simplest survival
      > > type design for a pot still? I once saw a Hmong family's stovetop
      > > still that was just a covered pot with a wooden spout. TOM
    • waljaco
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2004
        For the Indian clay version see -
        http://bcis.pacificu.edu/~polverone/muspratt1/c-114.html
        http://bcis.pacificu.edu/~polverone/muspratt1/c-115.html

        Wal
        If there is no clay on your desert island, I suppose you could use a
        sand and lime mixture. You can make the lime from the shells or the
        coral reef.