8072Re: [new_distillers] Re: bending copper tubing

  • Brandon Lee
    Jun 10, 2003
      make sure that when u are winding the tube that it is unstrung and held tight while wraping it around the dowel--u will have to have a staple on the lead end of the dowel to insert the first 2 or so inches so it will have something to catch on as u first start to wrap  the tube-- keep it tight and use an even spacing between coils--i used .25" between turns and used about  28 l.f. of tube for my 2.5 od column-- the total length was approx 14" when complete-- or just enough to accommodate the top of your tube

      Harley Daschund <harley_daschund@...> wrote:
      I'd say you are probably correct....good idea...:>)

      >From: Brandon Lee <blueflame456@...>
      >To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [new_distillers] Re: bending copper tubing
      >Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 10:44:37 -0700 (PDT)
      >
      >this is probably true--but i do imagine the same could be accomplished with
      >an electric variable speed drill -a 1"dowel and a piece of plywood with a
      >center placed at the appropriate point
      >your brother in the spirits
      >Blueflame456
      >
      >Harley Daschund <harley_daschund@...> wrote:
      >Good method but,what % of group members would you suppose have a
      >Lathe?....:>)  I would guess <5%......:>)
      >

      > >From: Brandon Lee <blueflame456@...>
      >
      > >Subject: Re: [new_distillers] Re: bending copper tubing
      > >Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 05:13:45 -0700 (PDT)
      > >
      >--i then take a piece of 3/4 inch tube--chuck it in the lathe--
      > >your brother in the spirits
      > >Blueflame456

      >Free online calendar with sync to Outlook(TM).

      Do you Yahoo!?