7819Re: Very Strange First Run - HELP!

  • peter_vcb
    May 1, 2003
      Mattie,
      if you go to Tonys potsill calculator page you will find at 9% at
      150W will give over 50ml per 10minutes at 100W it is 50ml per 15
      minutes. i still think the condenser may be sucking heat at this low
      power, i think it could be cooled with just a fan. you say it is only
      a trickle but is the distillate still slightly warm. i would try
      turning the pump off and just having some water in the liebeg to cool
      it. if your boiler is pyrex you should have no problem with sand
      otherwise just use the sugar water and use it for your next brew
      after! i think your wash is about 5%. you have to take into account
      that mollases is not the same as sugar. only about 1/2 the weight of
      mollases is fermenatable

      Peter

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic