6849Re: [new_distillers] Re: cooling water

  • Brandon Lee
    Jan 10, 2003

      have any of u checked into a commercial beer chiller-- when u go to a pub/local gathering  place where they serve beer on tap there is a circulating chiller that keeps the beer cold-- it is usually located somewhere other than where the bar is about 150' and sometimes farther--these make excellent circulators as they have a compressor that runs the temp down to 27 degrees if necessary-- u can run either water or a glycol mix --- they have a circulating pump that pumps the coolant thru your condensor then returns it back to be chilled inside the unit-- i have found that they can be had for almost nothing-- they run on 110vac and use very little electricity--if any one is interested i could furnish the name of the company that manufactures them-- they come in various sizes-- the one i use is a 2.5 gal-- and for the internal reflux model i use the 5 gal unit

      your brother in the spirits

      blueflame456

       BillyWeeble@... wrote:

      In a message dated 1/10/03 6:23:25 PM Pacific Standard Time,
      tony6163@... writes:

      << Any home distiller with an inkling of concern for conservation would
      be loath to use mains pressure to run their condensor. Water is
      precious and we should act responsibly. >>

          Amen brother,  I don't know where Cornfed has been lately. He has a great
      set up for recirc water and I'm not going to take his moment.
          Mine is like yours with a twist - the "tank" is in the bathtub and tilted
      away from the faucets (chunk of wood under). A hole is high in the downside
      to let the warm water flow out and the highside has a slow trickle of cold
      water that enters the "tank" via an (empty) icecube tray to direct the flow
      into it. The pump sits directly below the cool water coming in and the output
      flows into a jar tipped toward the outlet hole so the warm water "floats" out
      while the cooler water stays in. Yeah, it sounds convoluted but what the
      heck, it saves water. I use 200ml a minute as replacement now instead of 2L
      or more straight from the tap and now I can use as much as the pump puts out
      freely and indiscriminately. heh heh.

      Do you Yahoo!?