6845Re: cooling water

  • tony6163 <tony6163@yahoo.com.au>
    Jan 10, 2003
      Any home distiller with an inkling of concern for conservation would
      be loath to use mains pressure to run their condensor. Water is
      precious and we should act responsibly. I would have a hard time
      enjoying a drink knowing how much water was wasted for it's
      production. The way I do it and the way I recommend is to buy one of
      those large plastic 100 litre or so storgage bins and get yourself a
      submersible pump. After a few hrs you will have to replace 75% of the
      water as it will warm up or you can add some milk cartons full of
      icew to keep it cool. Personally, I don't bother with any kind of
      heat exchanger, I just rely on replacing some of the water as it
      heats up.

      cheers

      Tony

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Sam & Andrew" <andrell@t...>
      wrote:
      > I am new to distilling and was wondering if anybody could tell me
      the most efficient method of cooling the condensor water? It has been
      suggested to me to use an old heater exchange out of a car and to use
      a fan in front of it. Will this work? It is to much a waste to use a
      continuous flow from the tap! Any advise on this matter would be
      greatly apprecieted. Thanks Andrew.
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic