5849Re: Taste to much like fresh bread.

  • stillyaakman
    Oct 1, 2002
      --- In new_distillers@y..., "Maxxon Gremillion" <razzmaxx@y...> wrote:
      > Hello, been very busy with School and all but trying to keep read
      up
      > on the post. I recently ran a sugar wash through a low budget pot
      > still and got nice clean good 140 proof product but it just taste
      > much like bread to me. Do I need to run it thru the still again?
      > Something I might do diffrent to prevent this in future washes,
      Wadda
      > ya think?
      >
      > Thank,
      > Maxx

      Hi maxx

      I recently did the same thing. The difference was actually making 4
      runs and ending up with 86% abv. It's still not a clean flavorless
      alcohol, but it tastes good. There's just a slightly sweet finish to
      the flavor. Best way I can describe it.
      On my last run I stopped collecting at 180 deg. f.

      Regards Dan
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic