5304Re: Pot Distiller's Yeast

  • bokakob
    Sep 2, 2002
      Check "database" on the left, in the menu. there are a few recepies
      for just what you are asking.

      --- In new_distillers@y..., Ian Macsween <ianelamacsween@s...> wrote:
      > I am certain that many members of our group have used Prestige Pot
      Distiller's Yeast.

      > On the packet the instructions state:
      >
      > "1. Add your fruit into a 25 - 30 liter ... clean plastic
      bucket and add 5 liters ... of water ..." etc.

      > I find this first step fuzzy as there are no directions given as
      to how much fruit one should use. The rest of the instructions on
      the packet seem clear enough.

      > My main question is - how many pounds/kilos of fruit should be
      added to make a batch of schnapps?

      > If I follow a standard fruit wine recipe and eliminate the
      additives usually called for in fruit wines - and substitute pot
      distiller's yeast for regular wine yeast - will I be on the right
      track to making a good schnapps?

      > For example: my winemaking booklet calls for the following
      amounts of fruit per batch.

      > Apricot - 7 kg (15 lbs.) for 19 litres (5 U.S. gallons)
      > Blackberry - 2.6 kg (6 lbs.) per 4 litres (1 gallon)
      > Blueberry - 1 kg (2 1/2 lbs.) per 4 litres (1 gallon)
      >
      > etc.
      >
      > I look forward to any guidance I can get.
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic