45180Re: Really Bad Mead

  • hopefull romantic
    Jul 21, 2014

      I made a Russian imperial style stout which is a very high malt i.e. over 10 pounds per 5 gal mine had almost 14LB and a lot of old frozen hops  as I was making with all my leftovers  did a primary in a 6 gal bottle  to allow some head room and a secondary in a 5 for almost a month before bottling and then put it away and tried one and it tasted like crap so I stuck it in the back of my closet and forgot about it for 3 years and when I found it was really good and do not take my word for that as I brought them to Tampa Necromonicon convention for the igor /ygor party which samples about 300 beers and mine was the overall favorite.

      Magnus

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic