    Feb 25, 2014
      Thanks, I will do that.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Feb 25, 2014, at 8:35 PM, RLB <last2blast@...> wrote:

      220-240 V is actually very easy to achieve because all you are doing is running 2 - 110-120 lines into a single breaker.  Talk to a licensed electrician and he can set you up with 220-240 in no time.  I would tell you how to do it but there are liability issues involved in doing something like this.

      Robert

      From: "worm785@..." <worm785@...>
      To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 12:34 PM
      Subject: [new_distillers] step up/down transformer

      Has anyone used a step up or step down transformer?  I will be returning stateside soon and has the 26 gallon mile hi flute with access to 110V only, there is absolutely no 220-240V power supply.  I am considering getting a 10,000W step up converter to convert from from 110-220/240 as I am running a 5500W and 3500W element on my flute as of now.  I am currently overseas where 220-240 is the norm but again, stateside, I will only have 110V.  Anyone ever use a step up converter and how well did it work or do you have any other suggestions as I am not an electrician by any means and don't want to do too much electrical work?  Thanks for your help.

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic