44972Re: [new_distillers] step up/down transformer

  • Chris Davis
    Feb 25, 2014
      I live in military barracks and don't have a private dryer

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Feb 25, 2014, at 7:06 PM, Jim Graves <jimbull34@...> wrote:

      Why don't you just rewire it for 220 and plug it in to your dryer outlet?    Jim

      On Tuesday, February 25, 2014 11:34 AM, "worm785@..." <worm785@...> wrote:

      Has anyone used a step up or step down transformer?  I will be returning stateside soon and has the 26 gallon mile hi flute with access to 110V only, there is absolutely no 220-240V power supply.  I am considering getting a 10,000W step up converter to convert from from 110-220/240 as I am running a 5500W and 3500W element on my flute as of now.  I am currently overseas where 220-240 is the norm but again, stateside, I will only have 110V.  Anyone ever use a step up converter and how well did it work or do you have any other suggestions as I am not an electrician by any means and don't want to do too much electrical work?  Thanks for your help.

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic