44964Warning: ACRYLAMIDE

  • last2blast
    Feb 23 6:23 PM
      If anyone uses roasted, baked, or smoked starchy produces that have been heated above 248 F (120 C) in their wort they need to read up on ACRYLAMIDE because it can cause cancer and it's a neurotoxin.  It dissolves in water, so it another problem.

      Can acrylamide transfer from the pot to the distillate is completely unknown factor, but people should know about this potential problem.  I for one plan on changing my cooking habits that involve steamed and convection cooked foods at temperatures below 248 F.

      Guess what coffee drinkers?  You have a problem.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic