44876Re: [new_distillers] which yeast do you prefer

  • Bob
    Jan 30, 2014
      I use any bakers instant yeast in combination with Peggy Korth’s high temp. high alch. yeast  and yeast food on a sugar wash that has been converted to glucose by acid or enzyme. Makes a sweet to the taste clean hearts at 95ABV.  I really prefer the sweet  flavor of glucose over sucrose. For a mild clover honey taste I put a couple cups of alfalfa hay that has been powdered fine in a blender in a 5 gallon wash.
      Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2014 10:42 AM
      Subject: [new_distillers] which yeast do you prefer

      I want to run four washes of which all components are the exact same:  Amount of sugar, amount of water, heat, SG, etc....However, I want to use a bakers yeast, wine yeast (I already have lalvin EC-1118), a turbo (black bull from Brewhaus) and an ale yeast.  Which bakers yeast and ale yeast do you recommend?  I want to see which one has the purest flavor and trying to get at least 160 proof plus. Thanks for the help.
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic