      From: "yafool@..." <yafool@...>
      To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2014 3:25 PM
      Subject: [new_distillers] RE: State By State Liquor License Fees - USA only

      Hi Alli,

      This is very helpful, thank you. I have been exploring licensing in Maryland. I've taken two passes at deciphering the regs in that state. While not exactly complete, I can provide more detail for Maryland.

      Too often though these efforts become one-time and then are lost or recreated later. Even if this spreadsheet is just loaded up into the Files area of the Yahoo Group. Has this work been created elsewhere, such as on the ADI website? Don't think so, but maybe in the members only area? If not, creating it is a good thing.

      Perhaps a good solution would be to turn your spreadsheet into a wikipedia summary page? There exist many pages in Wikipedia already for the "Alcohol Laws of <pick your state>" but these refer mostly to the purchase and do not seem to include the production laws. A sane thing might be to have a wiki page dedicated to Alcohol Distillation, build up your table there, with links to each state for containing more detail. Then many hands can edit.

      If you are interested, I would be happy to help explore this idea.
      Does a suitable master page already exist?
      If not, what should be the master page?
      Where should detail; information be captured? In it's own type of page, or as a subsection of the Alcohol Laws of <state> pages?
      etc

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic