44559Re: [new_distillers] Feints

  • Jim Graves
    Dec 5, 2013
      Uncle Jess says 8-15 times the feints can be recycled.  I am up to twelve on mine right now with no off taste at all.  Will continue to do this until the taste is effected!......Jim

      On Thursday, December 5, 2013 3:19 PM, "wayde.allen@..." <wayde.allen@...> wrote:
      I'm curious about the use of feints. It makes sense to toss the foreshots, and to save the heads and tails combining them to make the feints. It also makes sense to recycle the feints in the still to recover more of the alcohol and possible flavoring agents. What is less clear to me is does a distiller continue adding to the feints collection or is there a point when you discard the feints and start over?

    • Show all 34 messages in this topic