      From: worm785 <worm785@...>
      To: new_distillers <new_distillers@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sun, Nov 3, 2013 12:32 pm
      Subject: [new_distillers] Electric heat source size

      I currently have a 5 gallon still and a 1000 watt electric hot plate to heat with.  It is very rustic I know but I am just beginning.  I don't want anything "too overly sophisticated" or expensive, but am planning to upgrade later to probably a 15 gallon pot and still want to use electric burner(s).  What is a good brand/location/wattage size for the 5 gallon now and a larger pot later?  Also, should I look into a wattage controller?  Thanks for all advice.
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic